Baba Saheb’s library was the largest among the world’s private ones. His library had books on all subjects, and he had studied all of them. This was the sign of his immense knowledge.
This page includes hundreds of eBooks of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and Buddhism for reading.
Read a Book!!
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
Writings and Speeches
Throughout his life, Ambedkar wrote extensively on various topics including politics, economics, religion, casteism, segregation, governance etc. His wide range of writings still continue to motivate and inspire people.
B.R. Ambedkar dedicated his life for the betterment of India, the Indian society and the deprived in India. His works, initiatives and writings all had the same motive- to make India a better, secular, free and equal space to live.
The Education Department, Government of Maharashtra (Mumbai) published the collection of Ambedkar’s writings and speeches in different volumes.
Here are 21 volumes of Dr Ambedkar’s Writings and Speeches in English.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Writings and Speeches Vol.1
- Castes in India; Their Mechanism, Genesis and Development • Paper • 9thMay 1916
- Annihilation of Caste • Book • 1936
- Maharashtra as a Linguistic Province (Statement submitted to the Linguistic Provinces Commission) • Statement • 1948
- Need for Checks and Balances- Article on Linguistic State • 1953
- Thoughts on Linguistic States • Book • 1955
- Ranade, Gandhi and Jinnah • Speech • 1943
- Evidence before the Southborough Committee • Written Statement • 1919
- Federation versus Freedom • Speech • 1939
- Communal Deadlock and a Way to Solve it • Speech • 1945
- States and Minorities: What are their Rights and How to secure them in the Constitution of Free India • Memorandum • 1947
- Small Holdings in India and their Remedies • Paper • 1918
- Mr. Russell and the reconstruction of Society • Review •1918
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Writings and Speeches Vol.2
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar in the Bombay Legislature • Speech, Questions and Debate • 1927 to 1939.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar with the Simon Commission (Indian Statutory Commission) • Report, Statements and Evidence • 1928 to 1932.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar at the Round Table Conferences • Memorandum and Evidence • 1930 to 1933.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Writings and Speeches Vol.3
All individual Essays compiled by the editorial team of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar source material publication committee.
- Philosophy of Hinduism
- The Hindu Social Order- Its Essential Principles
- The Hindu Social Order- Its Unique Features
- Symbols of Hinduism
- Ancient India on Exhumation
- The Ancient Regime
- A Sunken Priesthood
- Reformers and Their Fate
- The Decline and fall of Buddhism
- The Literature of Brahminism
- The Triumph of Brahminism
- The Morals of the House
- Krishna and His Gita
- Analytical Notes of Virat Parva and Udyog Parva
- Brahmins versus Kshatriyas
- Shudras and the Counter-Revolution
- The Woman and the Counter-Revolution
- Buddha or Karl Marx
- Schemes of Books
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Writings and Speeches Vol.4
Riddles in Hinduism –An Exposition to enlighten the masses. (All individual Essays compiled by the editorial team of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar source material publication committee.)
- The Difficulty of Knowing why one is a Hindu
- The Origin of the Vedas – The Brahminic Explanation or an exercise in the art of circumlocution
- The Testimony of other Shastras on the origin of the Vedas
- Why suddenly the Brahmins declare the Vedas to be infallible and not to be questioned?
- Why did the Brahmins go further and declare that the Vedas are neither made by man nor by God?
- The Contents of the Vedas: Have they any moral or spiritual value?
- The turn of the tide Or How did the Brahmins declare the Vedas to be lower than the lowest of their Shastras?
- How the Upanishads declared war on the Vedas?
- How the Upanishads came to be made subordinate to the Vedas?
- Why did the Brahmins make the Hindu Gods fight against one another?
- Why did the Brahmins make the Hindu Gods suffer to rise and fall?
- Why the Brahmins did dethrone the Gods and enthrones the Goddesses?
- The Riddle of the Ahimsa
- From Ahimsa to Himsa
- How did the Brahmins Wed an Ahimsak God to a Bloodthirsty Goddess?
- The Riddle of the Vedas
- The Riddle of the Vedanta
- The Riddle of the Triomurti
- Smarth Dharma and Tantrik Dharma
- The Infallibility of the Vedas
- The Four Varnas- Are the Brahmins sure of their origin?
- The Four Ashramas- the Why and How about them.
- Manu’s madness or the Brahmanic explanation of the origin of the mixed castes.
- The Change from Paternity to Maternity. What did the Brahmins wish to gain by it?
- Kali Varjya or the Brahminic art of suspending the operation of Sin without calling it Sin.
- The Riddle of the Varnashram Dharma.
- Compulsory Matrimony
- The Theory of Manvantra
- Brahma is not Dharma. What good is Brahma?
- Kali yuga- Why have the Brahmins made it unending?
- The Riddle of the Kali Yuga.
- The Riddle of Rama and Krishna.